Car Project - part 0.5

Yeah, I broke it. But then I fixed it using technology.

Background

I recently bought an RC drift car to try to make it smarter. Having received it I decided I ought to play with it a bit before turning it into something completely different. Then I broke it.

The issue

I think the problem is that lots of the plastics in the Mission-D RC car are quite mellow. While test drifting the car I must have put too much throttle at some point, deforming a piece that was transmitting torque from the drive train to the wheel.

Broken MDSP-7
Relatively beat up MDSP-7

The problematic part is called MDSP-7. I don’t know if you can find it online but surely you can print it:

Autodesk Fusion 360 window
<3 Autodesk <3

The print part of this little guy took stunning 3 minutes on my 3D printer (with all the quality settings maxed up). The final result is quite OK and after assembly it seems to be working well:

3D printed MDSP-7
The new thing

Going forward

I promise not to break this thing again. Next thing I’ll focus on is creating a base plate to comfortably fir some components on the car. Once I make it I will post an update and a link to an stl file so that you can print it yourself.

Mateusz Sadowski

Mateusz Sadowski
Robotics/Drones/Software developer

Livox Mid-40 LiDAR review

Recently I've been testing the performance of Livox Mid-40 LiDAR. This blog post contains my thoughts on using this sensor, it's performance and available ROS node. Continue reading

YDLIDAR X4 - ROS review

Published on January 09, 2019

1% For the Planet

Published on January 01, 2019